Tuesday 11 May 2010

Step Out of your Comfort Zone!

This week at Tuesday Taggers it's my (Sally's) turn to chose the theme. I don't know what I was thinking, but I came up with 'Step out of your Comfort Zone!' I wanted to push myself into doing something different to my usual style and try something new. Now it has been a little scary, but I've done the cover and first page of an art journal using lots of paint and no ink or stamps at all! So, all I'm asking really is for you to try something new or different to your usual style... go on give it a try! You could try a colour scheme, a technique, a different fold or even a different craft altogether! Hope our fabulous DT inspire you with their creations!

To start then we'll show you the design sent to us by our guest designer Charli who was "soooo worried that it was going to go wrong"



It definately didn't Charli!

Now our regular design team








I never used canvas


Blackdragon

How pretty Lyn LOL!




I've limited my supplies and used a card shape I don't normally like to use





First attempt at creating reflection with brayer a la Barbara Gray



I don't usually "do" cute and flowery, or make many cards as such so this easel card is way outside my comfort zone.



 
Soooooo Pink!





I have used fabric which I wouldn't usually use.



Now, without further ado we are proud to announce the winner of last week's recycling Challenge

Number 16


Ann at




Congratulations Ann, and if you would like to join us for a week as a Guest Designer drop us a line on the TT email.


Don't forget you can join in with anything you would like to create this week as long as it is out of your comfort zone!....Can't wait to see your entries

Sally x

22 comments:

  1. sally..... today is 11... no 4!!! ;)
    and if you do not put the correct date is not there a new Mr. Linky's???
    thanks!!!!
    bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous range of projects ladies, no one would guess that we weren't used to doing these styles, but I know that it is true.....knowing me, knowing you.... aha.....lol

    Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry folks, I did do the date and Mr Linky and add Chali's project last night but the blog thief stole them overnight - sorted again now!
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noughty blog thief
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was such a fun challenge I had never used a magazine page for my card embellishment and this was a blast to do! Thanks for stretching me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooooooooh this is an interesting one. Not sure whether to try the brayer (have now watched all 4 videos by Barbara but brayer is still clean) or do some scrapbooking. Hmmmmmmm we'll see but will hopefully join in.
    Love the DT work.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sorting out the blog thief, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Out of my comfort zone - glamour not something that I would consider in a million years if it had not been "forced on me". Hence my little sparkly red effort. Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure no one will believe how long it's taken me to make these clean and simple cards - well outside my comfort zone! Great idea, though :) Thanks, Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved all the projects, I enjoyed this challenge and not one rubber stamp in sight for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great challenge! I definately stepped out on this one! No journaling AND white space. Although, I think WS is growing on me :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful challenge and a great opportunity to make a Shabby Fabric Flower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for giving me the push to try masking really liked doing so might do it again

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was truly a challenge, had to really give this one some thought, but pretty pleased with the result.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic creations ladies, so loved doing this challenge, have a great weekend, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really enjoyed this one once I got going so my formerly unused stamps might get another airing. Thanks for this!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great theme - I need something like that to get me thinking now & then! Wonderful DT samples too.

    PS. Typo in my name in Mr. Linky! It's me really!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great Theme... Thank you for having me step out side the box...

    ReplyDelete
  19. love all the work on here ... I had never worked on a home project made out of wood before so this is definitely a first for me....

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had no idea what to do for this weeks challenge so i haven't entered!!! make it easier next week!!!

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry this is late but this time I had a problem with your linky it was not there. I tried every way to get at it on both our computers. Any way managed to link it now Cheers Bee

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whew, I think I made it just in time! Thanks for a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Huge thanks for taking the time to visit us and leave a comment The Try it on Tuesdays team really appreciate it x