Tuesday 3 April 2012

A new Guest showcase.


Hello all! Welcome to another week here at Try it on Tuesday. Such wonderful creations your showed us for Spring and Easter. We will be back next week with our top picks. Boy is it going to be hard to choose! But while you are waiting we have another wonderful Guest showcase for you. This week we have 3 very talented artists here with some of their favourite things. They cannot wait to meet you, So please do take a pop over to their blog and say hello!
So, without Further ado here they are....


Sarah

Hello, My name is Sarah Cooper, I am 36 living inOttawa, Ontario, Canada .
I am a Mom to 4 boys’ ages 14 down to 7 years old. Remarried and recently celebrated 1 year of marriage to my High School Sweetheart, we reconnected again a few years ago. Often I will refer to myself as having A.D.A.D. (Attention Deficit Art Disorder) because I’m always up to something Art-sy... and have ADD too ;O)
I’ve been 'labeled' a Mixed Media Artist because if there is some way to craft it... I will: Reduce, Reuse and Redecorate is my personal mantra. Been creative my whole life, don’t think I could put a ‘date’ on when I started making 'Art'. If my Mom is right it would have been on the wall about the same time she gave me my first solid foods. My hobbies include all things Art-sy, Steampunk, Celtic, Reading, Gardening and Canning.

Here is my project to show you....


A lot of my favorite things are wrapped up in 'Steampunk', so that's the theme I went with. Started with a frame I pick-ed up free during a FreeCycle Give-Away Weekend. It was already painted silver, worn and battered: good start!

Used several rub-ons (balloon, typewriter and clock) and a few stamps (goggles, bee, #'s and STEAMPUNK). Then layered on the stuff...
Victorian boots, key and keyhole, flowers, gears, stamps and bling...
These are a few of my favorite things! (sing it with me...)

Stamps from Stampin' Up and Rubber Cafe.
Ink is StazOn.
Key from 7 Gypsies.
Key hole and stamp stickers from KeepSake Craft.
Bling and Flowers from Prima.
Die cuts from BoBunny and Graphic 45.
Rubs on from Studio Calico and Reflections.
Boot sticker from Heartwarming Vintage.
Gear Punch from Stampin' Up!

Please come visit me at my blog Keepsake crafts



Chrizette

My name is Chrizette and I live in the beautiful South Africa. There are so many rustic places to explore in our country and we do often - just love camping. I am married to my first love and we have been together for 15 years. We have two little Jack Russell terriers that are our children (spoiled rotten!).

I have a few hobbies including beading and reading (I also review books in my spare time). But recently I have discovered paper crafting which I adore! I am having so much fun and I just love how much I am able to learn online. The online crafting community are so friendly and sharing.

My favourite area of card making, is the colouring of images with my Promarkers. I am enjoying this learning stage.

Here is one of my cards....


For this card, I used an image from Lily of the Valley. She is coloured in oranges (which was fun as it is not a colour I use often). There are also loads of flowers and a few little pearls for bling :)

Please come and visit me at Celestial Things


and


Sheetal

Hello, I am a college lecturer in India, currently living with my husband and two kids in London. I am passionate about quilling which I learned some four years ago. I love all kinds of papercrafts from stamping, scrapbooking, to making boxes, but Quilling remains my first love. Here are some of my favourite projects. (Quilling of course). You can visit me at my blog here.



A Baby Card

Birthday Card
Dream card

Aren't they wonderful! and all so different too. Please do pop over to their blogs and say hello!

Have a wonderful week!

The TIOT gang.

12 comments:

  1. what a wonderful a diverse collection of superbness. I really look forward to seeing more.EE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Utterly stunning folks - thanks for being part of the showcase I am now off to visit your wonderful blogs - truly a round the world experience right at my fingertips xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. aweee... thanks! Though it should read 37 years old, today is my berf-day... 26 would be even better! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creations from all of you, really enjoyed looking at them. Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous projects, love them all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous projects. A wonderful selection for our first Showcase.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Ladies they are all gorgeous
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  9. All very gorgeous and creative cards and as you say very different!!
    Hugs
    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great creations! Thanks for sharing with us.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hadn't realised what an international selection of contributors we had - lovely samples and I shall be visiting you all for a good look round!! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous creations ladies! Angela

    ReplyDelete

Huge thanks for taking the time to visit us and leave a comment The Try it on Tuesdays team really appreciate it x