Tuesday 20 March 2012

Designer in the spotlight - Evil Edna!

So hope you are ready for our first designer in the spotlight which is one of our newest team members Evil Edna.
Now in order to explain this to my Daughter we have just had to watch Willo the Wisp a few times with the ever so talented Kenneth Williams. I love how EE has taken on the persona so well! so here she is with her favourite Technique!
Name: Evil Edna

How did you start crafting ? : I have developed from making mud pies to staining my fingers green with ink, then hiding them in my pockets. When I am pretending to be professional. I like card making, altered art, digital art, stamping on materials, patchwork and making boxes. I tend to use distress inks which are a favourite product, I like how they blend. I love stampotique stamps like Bat Boy and Prom Queen, they have such character and they print well and evenly. I also LOVE puns and try to have as many as possible on my cards.



Fave project 1 : this is one of my fave cards, the main image is stamped on to a "caught in crystal" acetate piece then attached on to scraps and it all just really work well as a whole.


Fave project 2: I made this recently and love the simplicity of the design (the sun is masked distress inks.)


Fave Technique : masking, it really changes the look of a stamp and makes it more versatile.

Top Tip : it is an oldie but a goldie, put you paper etc on top of a mouse mat and then stamp on to it.

Photo of sample made using your favourite technique : masking and a pun

mask off upwards from legs

stamp pear on top of legs

stamp pun useing letter stamps

colour and mount, then stick on to card


?????Ask Edna?????

Now it's over to you, Edna will be lurking in cyber space all week waiting to hear from you so if you have any questions or need some advice or even just want a natter then leave a comment and Evil Edna will get back to you
So do you have any questions about masking? Or any questions for Edna? we would love to hear from you

x The TIOT team

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous. What talent.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Fav project 1 :) lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your favourite things with us this week.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your lovely comments.EE

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks for your blog, I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog.. Servis Shoes Eid Collection

    ReplyDelete

Huge thanks for taking the time to visit us and leave a comment The Try it on Tuesdays team really appreciate it x